Who is it for?
- Young people between the ages of 14 and 16
- Young people who can start at year 10 and complete in year 11. Or can start in year 11
- Young people who are currently in school but looking for additional provision in a more grown up, structured and supportive environment
What does it offer?
- Opportunities to learn from practical experience and develop knowledge and understanding of work
- Available vocational courses in subjects like: catering, beauty therapy, hair, motor vehicle, art, construction. Please note: these courses may change year to year
- Supportive environment in which to develop confidence, personal and social skills
- Opportunity to develop skills in readiness for enterprise, employability and further learning
- Our courses provide opportunities for strong achievement at age 14+ and a basis for progressing to qualifications such as BTEC diplomas, A Levels, apprenticeships and NVQs
- Partnership working with secondary schools to ensure the best outcomes or young people
What are the benefits?
- We offer courses that engage and motivate young people helping them build confidence, self-esteem, resilience and transferable skills
- We provide an inspiring, safe and supportive grown-up learning environment where learners are treated like adults
- We have talented teachers helping learners to become more independent
Electively Home Educated
- We also offer options for additional support in education for 14–16 year olds who are home educated in line with current legislation
- Please contact the programme manager for further information
How do I apply?
Once you have decided on your preferred programme, your school or parents are encouraged to contact the 14-16 team to complete a referral form. You will be invited to attend a taster session at college for your chosen course. This gives us an opportunity to get to know more about you and your interests. It also gives you a chance to find out more about the programme and how it will support your future plans. Your school or parents will be advised whether you have a place on your chosen course and they must confirm that they are happy to fund it. We will then confirm your place and send out the relevant paperwork, such as parental consent forms, to your home address, so that you are ready to start in September.
Is there a cost?
Yes, there will be a cost that will be directly charged to your school if you wish to attend one of these programmes.