It’s an exciting time to step into the agriculture industry, a dynamic and increasingly technical sector and one of the UK’s biggest employers.
On this programme you will develop knowledge and practical skills with livestock, crops and machinery through a mix of classroom and practical sessions, as well as engaging with the farming community through visits and work experience. These varied sessions are delivered by our own teaching team and technical staff who have extensive subject knowledge and experience.
All 16-19 year olds on full-time programmes will be required to retake GCSE English and Maths or to undertake Functional Skills, if they have not already attained the equivalent of a GCSE grade 4 (grade C) in these subjects, every year of their course, until they complete their studies
What you'll learn
- Understand Animal Biology
- Understand the Principles of Plant Science
- Understand the Principles of Soil Science
- Undertake Estate Skills
- Undertake Agricultural Livestock Production
- Understand and Carry Out Farm Livestock Husbandry
- Undertaking Land-based Machinery Operations
- Undertaking sheep production
How you'll learn and be assessed
- Passionate, dedicated staff with strong industry links.
- Chance to get involved with estate management.
- 400 acre outdoor classroom including woodlands, wetland and grasslands.
- Fully functioning farm with rare breed sheep and cows, pigs, goats, llamas, chickens, ducks and more.
- Well-equipped workshops and machinery with instruction by subject-specialist staff.
At least four GCSEs at grade 3 (grade 2-3) or above, including Maths, Science and English, or a relevant Level 1 qualification at Merit or above. You will need to be comfortable working with a range of animals and will need to pass the reference and interview process.
150 hours work experience to be completed