We’re excited to be welcoming visitors to showcase our extensive range of programmes during our Summer Open Event on Saturday 2 July, 9.30am – 12.30pm.
Come and take part in a variety of presentations and tours on offer to visitors at our 400-acre campus in Worplesdon, including:
- Meet current students and finding out about day-to-day life at college
- Tour our outstanding Ofsted rated residential provision
- Speak with our expert tutors across a wide range of subject areas such as animal management, countryside management, equine management, horticulture, arboriculture, sport, public services and landscaping
- Tour our Animal Management facilities, including our desert and tropical biomes, and attend presentations given by our animal management specialist staff
- Come and have a look around our extensive equine facilities including our modern, purpose-built yard which comes complete with stabling for over 40 horses as well as our large indoor equine arena and outdoor floodlit warm-up arena
- Attend a horticulture presentation and take a tour of our impressive horticulture nurseries
- Take part in a tour of our fantastic sports facilities and meet the team
- Discuss how we can help you improve your English skills or support you if you have special educational needs
- Meet our dedicated HE team and tour our Higher Education centre
- Discovering apprenticeship options with the team
Our staff will be available to discuss your options and plan out a learning pathway that works for you. You will be able to explore our excellent facilities, talk through all your options and, it’s not too late, you can even submit your application to make sure you guarantee your place for September!
Careers Advisors will also be on hand to chat to if you are undecided or need expert, independent advice.
Our friendly Student Services team will be able to discuss bursaries and financial support that may be available to you.
Opportunities for those seeking employment
In addition to our study programmes, we also have a host of employment opportunities and support available with Activate Learning and our employer partners, including:
- Speaking with the Activate Learning HR team to learn more about internal vacancies and working with us
- Discovering our leisure and professional courses for all in the Adult Education and Careers Zone
- Boosting your CV if unemployed with free courses to help you upskill and retrain, allowing you to get back into work
Why choose Merrist Wood College?
At Activate Learning, our students are supported in developing the skills they need to succeed in the workplace. Our learning programmes lead directly into sustainable career options, and we can help you identify where your studies can take you.
Arboriculture student, Zac says: “The teachers are great. It’s a very supportive environment and the tutors have a lot of experience and an amazing wealth of knowledge.
“The course has a good blend of practical and theory, which has been really beneficial. I do enjoy the theory side but for me it would have been lacking if I’d just done A Levels and missed out on the practical experience.”
How do I book my place?
We look forward to seeing you there!