Activate Learning is delighted to be able to offer a rewarding and memorable summer experience for your child, that includes an entire day of activities, with the addition of a chosen Academy Option of either horse riding, football or golf.
Each day will combine a range of activities, such as:
- Lego challenge
- Minecraft coding
- Animal portrait art classes
- Survival skills
- Escape rooms
- Animal encounters
- Meerkats feeding experience
- Working on the farm
- Forest school
As well as specialist coaching or tuition in their Academy Option. Our goal is to ensure that all students leave Activate Learning with improved confidence, motivation to participate in their Academy Option, with friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
At Activate Learning we offer a range of Academy Options designed to work alongside our daily activities. This gives our students the opportunity to focus on a sport which they are passionate about, alongside other students with a common interest.
We employ industry expert tutors and coaches to ensure every child makes progress whatever their talent or experience. This means that you can choose an Academy Option even if you are a beginner.
All students will receive an initial skills assessment and evaluation on their first day. They will then be placed in the most appropriate group or programme level for them, with students of a similar ability.
Your child can choose an Academy Option of either horse riding, football or golf, details of each are below or in the PDF.
HORSE RIDING ACADEMY
Our Horse Riding Academy caters for most levels of ability, from those who have limited riding experience, to students who are accomplished riders.
Our team of experienced riding instructors take great care in matching riders and horses, so that during their stay students gain in confidence and riding ability.
Riders are assessed and, depending on their ability, spend the week receiving tuition in either our indoor or outdoor riding arenas, as well as hacking across the beautiful Surrey countryside.
A key element of our programme is stable and horse management. It is part of the daily routine and students learn to groom and prepare their horses for riding, as well as studying the names of the equipment they are using and the points of the horse.
- UK accredited stables and qualified riding instructors
- Focus on building riding confidence and horse handling including walking, trotting, cantering and riding on uneven terrain
- Horse management including tacking up, grooming, horse preparation, equipment choice
- Stables conform to the latest UK health and safety regulations
- Participants must have basic riding experience before arrival
- Participants require to bring BHS standard helmet, horse riding boots, riding gloves, jodhpurs and any other personal equipment
- Students will be able to complete British Horse Society Challenge Awards as part of the Academy Programme
Our golf programme is aimed at students of all standards, whether they are seeking to improve their technique and on course performance or are beginners to the sport.
We provide a multi ability golf programme to ensure that we address the needs of every standard of player.
On day one, all students are given a skills assessment and placed into the appropriate group or programme.
Our coaching programme covers all aspects of the game including pitching and chipping, bunker play, putting and long game, as well as course management, the rules of golf
The adjacent 18-hole Merrist Wood Golf Course and Golfmark accredited academy offers top of the range facilities for young golfers who will be learning from the best, making friends, and developing their understanding of the core values of golf.
Students will also be able to access the brand-new strength and conditioning gym with lifting platforms, resistance machines, full dumbbell rack, cardio equipment (including a
Watt bike) and 20 metre track.
- Suitable for all levels of ability including beginners
- PGA Coaches and professionals with extensive industry experience
- Dedicated golf facility with 18-hole course and teaching area
- Basic skills including long game, pitching, bunker play, chipping and putting tuition
- On course skills such as course management, rules of golf and etiquette
- Grouping according to ability
We provide a multi ability football programme to ensure that we address the needs of every level of player. On day one, all students are given a skills assessment and placed into the appropriate group or programme.
Our coaching programme focuses on technical and tactical player development. Small-sided games are played under high intensity conditions to improve passing, speed of movement, technique and game understanding.
As well as three grass football pitches and a technical training area, students will also be able to access the brand new strength and conditioning gym with lifting platforms, resistance machines, full dumbbell rack, cardio equipment (including a Watt bike) and 20 metre track.
- Suitable for all levels of ability
- Skills and drills aimed at improving physical agility, dribbling, turning, passing and receiving, defending, shooting and finishing
- Tactical sessions on patterns of play, phases of play, team shape, counter attacking and pressing
- Taught by expert tutors with industry experience
- Brand new strength and conditioning gym with lifting platforms, resistance machines, full dumbbell rack, cardio equipment (including a Watt bike) and 20 metre track
- Three grass football pitches and technical training area